Wiki Confirm Unbundling!

Best answers
We recently saw an elderly woman brought in by her daughter. She was coming for a second opinion regarding three different biopsied areas. We learned that the original doctor first froze the three sights, charged the patient, then had her come in, three days in a ROW!!! Just to be able to bill a seperate 11100 code three days, instead of doing the three sites on the same day with add on codes. This is completely considered unbundling, and we are just appalled at this behavior! What do you all think?? Any opinions welcome. I understand needing to keep a practice afloat during all of these financial changes through the yrs but to do this to an elderly woman is beyond me!

not ethical

I work for Dermatologist and if they are going to biopsy several lesions, (11100 & 11101 x ?) they do it all in one visit because this is the proper way to code the procedure. When they will biopsy a lesion (11100) then destroy it 17261 and I do not even charge for the biopsy because the site was destroyed. I would not want to work for that doctor. I hope he doesn't get audited