Wiki cpt 37188

camsgram

Networker
Best answers
Can cpt 37188 be used for: Repeat aspiration thrombectomy, left lower extremity bypass graft?? Or should cpt 37186 be used?

I know 37188 is for venous subsequent and 37186 is arterial performed with an intervention just not sure what should be coded for subsequent/repeat bypass graft.

Please help, very confused.

cpt

37187 and 37188 would be the appropriate codes to use. ... Is this a thrombectomy or an aspiration? I got this from the net and check in the 2014 cpt book, I am a student but It looks like you can use either. Hope that helps

Can cpt 37188 be used for: Repeat aspiration thrombectomy, left lower extremity bypass graft?? Or should cpt 37186 be used?

I know 37188 is for venous subsequent and 37186 is arterial performed with an intervention just not sure what should be coded for subsequent/repeat bypass graft.

Please help, very confused.

There are a few questions that need to be answered before a good answer can be given to yours. What is the nature of the bypass graft (ie, what is being "bypassed)? That will tell you whether this is arterial or venous. If arterial, then "subsequent" does not apply, and is there another intervention?
If venous, subsequent could apply, but is this part of a thrombolysis (multiday)?
Can you provide a report?

:confused: