Wiki CPT code clarification - What code would you suggest

shruthi

Guru
Best answers
What code would you suggest for below report.

Examination: Three fluoroscopic images left forefoot

Findings: Three fluoroscopic images of the left forefoot show that the patient has undergone bunionectomy at the great toe ray with osteotomy at the base of the great toe ray metatarsal bone and the osteotomy site bridged with a medial sided cortical plate and cortical screw system. Of course, correlation with the real time evaluation is recommended.

Should the code for above report be 73630 and 76000 or only 76000. Need suggestions.

Thank you :)

What code would you suggest for below report.

Examination: Three fluoroscopic images left forefoot

Findings: Three fluoroscopic images of the left forefoot show that the patient has undergone bunionectomy at the great toe ray with osteotomy at the base of the great toe ray metatarsal bone and the osteotomy site bridged with a medial sided cortical plate and cortical screw system. Of course, correlation with the real time evaluation is recommended.

Should the code for above report be 73630 and 76000 or only 76000. Need suggestions.

Thank you :)

My understanding is….

Fluoroscopic imaging requires personal supervision; a fluoroscopic code should not be submitted if the physician is not present in the room during a procedure.

I do not see the reason for the exam given other than the patient being post bunionectomy.

If what you are describing is a diagnostic radiologic examination that was produced from fluoro where the radiologist is reading the image after the exam I would just code the x-ray. I would only report 73620 because 3 images does not mean the same as 3 views. You can have 3 images of the same view.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: