Wiki CPT Codes not found

lavender

Contributor
Best answers
Hi,
I have a hard time finding these codes on my CPT codebook Digestive system:43212,43266,43274,43276.I look these codes on page 170 to 172 one by one but it's not there. Please if anybody can help me explain or which page should I look.Any help would greatly appreciated.

Zel

To Mitchellede: I am using the CPT 2013 which I also plan to use for my exam.This is probably why I couldn't find these codes becuase it is not a current. Thank you for quick reply.

To Jconner0030: Thanks for the quick post. This explains why I could not find them on my CPT 2013.Thanks.
Proves that you must always use the most current CPT book, no exceptions. Every year there are a multitude of CPT changes.
Current ICD-9 is not necessary though, since the approach of ICD-10 has resulted in minimal if any changes for 2-3 years. I still use my 2013 ICD-9 since I have quite a lot of codes highlighted and don't see any reason to waste time re-highlighting everything.

That is correct. ICD-9 has not had any changes since Oct 2011, in addition there are no plans to update ICD-9 ever again. CPT however continues to be updated every year, they are planing a CPT revision to CPT-5 but there is no information on an implementation date.