Wiki Don't buy Praticode

bethrice7

New
Best answers
Don't buy practicode!!! It's a joke!!!
I am really good about "self teaching" myself. If given the correct answer I can usually figure out where I went wrong. However with practicode this is NOT the case.
Within the cases they do not give you all the information you need to code correctly. For example if you choose an unspecified code due to lack of info in the case the correct answer will be something much more specified that was not documented within the case. Here's an actual example- the documentation says the postoperative diagnosis is Left Knee lateral meniscal old tear. No where in the note does it specify between anterior or posterior horn. So clearly I choose M23.201. When I submit my answer Praticode then tells me, nope that's wrong- "due to documentation derangement of posterior horn of lateral meniscus due to old tear or injury left knee" the correct code is M23.252."

It's a joke!!! Do not waste your money on Practicode!!! I regret it.

Practicode Help Please

I am having serious issues with practicode. I wish I would have known the issues regarding this before I spent $300 on this.

Can any one guide me on what I am missing in this report to correctly code it. I have 49020,n73.4. I don't know what else I am missing to code its 1 more code.

PATIENT: Shellie Smith
SEX: FEMALE
Age 24
Private Payer (Medicare rules for 65 and older)

DATE OF OPERATION: 1/1/20XX

PREOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS: CHRONIC PELVIC PERITONITIS ABSCESS.

PROCEDURES: EXPLORATORY LAPAROTOMY WITH DRAINAGE OF PERITONEAL ABSCESS, ABDOMINAL WASHINGS.

POSTOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS: CHRONIC PELVIC PERITONITIS ABSCESS.

SURGEON: Rex Andrews, M.D.

ANESTHESIA: GENERAL, ENDOTRACHEAL.

ESTIMATED BLOOD LOSS: 400 CC.

WOUND CLASS: CLEAN AND CONTAMINATED.

SPECIMEN: PERITONEAL CULTURE.

PATIENT'S CONDITION: INTUBATED TO SICU STABLE.

FINDINGS: 200 cc of foul smelling yellowish green pus upon entering peritoneal cavity an abscess was found,this has been an ongong problem, made a low transverse uterine incision to the posterior aspect of the bladder with multiple loculations. Uterus was about 10 to 12 week size. Normal tubes and ovaries bilaterally. No signs of bladder or bowel nor posterior cul-de-sac involvement and no hemoperitoneum
with normal appendix visualized. Excellent hemostasis. Drain applied, from lower pelvic cavity, with minimal drainage noted post procedure, Smead-Jones closure, wound left open for closure by secondary intention. The patient was consented and before taking to the operating room told of risks, benefits and alternatives and the risks and benefits to
the alternatives.

PROCEDURE: Once this was signed and agreed to procedure, she was taken to the operating room where she was placed in dorsal lithotomy position. General anesthesia was then placed and found to be adequate. The patient was
prepped and draped in usual sterile fashion.

A Pfannenstiel skin incision was made over the previous scar as the patient had clearly asked that a vertical scar not be made. Once a Pfannenstiel incision was made with a scalpel, it was carried down all the way to the fascia and dissected bilaterally. The fascia was then incised using the scalpel and carefully dissected to both lateral ends.

At this point, upon entering the peritoneal cavity, copious amount of foul smelling yellowish green pus amounting to
approximately 200 cc emanated. Culture was obtained without evidence of hemoperitoneum. The incision was again extended laterally and a Maylard incision was performed through rectus muscles. Upon obtaining appropriate exposure, the loculations were noted and were broken up followed by copious irrigation with attention to hemostasis on all surrounding structures. The uterus was noted to be 10 to 12 week size with normal tubes and ovaries bilaterally. Posterior aspect of the uterus was freed of any adhesions and no evidence of abscess formation. The rest of the sigmoid was grossly normal upon examination. The appendix and upper abdomen were visualized and grossly normal.

.Attention was placed towards the peritoneum muscles all of which appeared viable without any signs of necrosis and
subsequently they were both approximated with excellent hemostasis. The fascia was inspected and found to have clear margins, which were then reapproximated and closed with a Smead-Jones closure. Irrigation again was applied and bleeding points were cauterized. Wet dressing applied, drains secured and abdominal bandage and bindings
were applied.

All sponge and total lap counts were correct x 2. The patient was cleaned and taken to the SICU intubated where she was deemed to be stable.

Rex Andrews, MD

Electronically signed by REX ANDREWS, MD 1/1/20XX

Nikia Hay CPC-A,

can anyone tell why the Practicode answers don’t seem to want anesthesia codes? I am pretty new to this but if I put an anesthesia code for general anesthesia for a surgery it is marked incorrect
Thank you

can anyone tell why the Practicode answers don’t seem to want anesthesia codes? I am pretty new to this but if I put an anesthesia code for general anesthesia for a surgery it is marked incorrect
Thank you

Is it a surgical note or an anesthesia note?

You wouldn't add an anesthesia code to a surgical note. A surgical note would only get the surgeon's codes.

Anesthesia has its own separate note with all the relevant information for the anesthesia provider. If you're coding an anesthesia note, are you using the correct anesthesia modifiers?

Is it a surgical note or an anesthesia note?

You wouldn't add an anesthesia code to a surgical note. A surgical note would only get the surgeon's codes.

Anesthesia has its own separate note with all the relevant information for the anesthesia provider. If you're coding an anesthesia note, are you using the correct anesthesia modifiers?
Thank you for the help
Surgical note

Thank you for the help
Surgical note

For surgery performed under general anesthesia, you wouldn't add the anesthesia codes to a surgeon's claim. General anesthesia would have been administered by an anesthesiologist (or qualified non-physician provider).

There would be a separate anesthesia note with necessary details such as provider credentials and whether there was any supervision so you know which anesthesia modifiers to use.

Hope this helps!

Is Practicode a waste of time/money in 2023-24? I see comments above from 2017 & 2023. I know sometime in the last couple of years there were promises made to fix the issues that were infuriating everyone. Thanks in advance.