Wiki freeze dried allograft

Allograft merely means a tissue graft of some sort from the same species (as opposed to a porcine heart valve, for instance, which is from a different species).

There are bone allografts, demineralized bone allografts, and skin allografts, all of which can be freeze dried. There are also Bone Morphogenetic Proteins, which is coded as an allograft, but isn't technically an allograft. Oh yes, and amniotic tissue is used as an allograft for wound healing.

From your answer, it still isn't clear if this is bone, skin, demineralized bone, or something else.

Since you suggested C1762 as one possible code, it could be connective tissue. But pretty much everything I've described can be called connective tissue.

All of this is why I asked for more information. And that's what I'm asking... what is the allograft specifically, and how was it used in the shoulder surgery?

its a freeze dried graft by parametrics. what more information are you wanting. it was a shoulder surgery that they placed this freeze dried allograft.

You would need to know the exact product name or description in order to be able to determine a code for this. Parametrics makes a product called Coll-e-derm that is used in rotator cuff surgeries - that one is coded with Q4193 and most similar products are coded in the Q code range of the HCPCS. But they make other bone graft products too, which would be coded differently. You might want to contact the manufacturer or check their web site for guidance on this.

Last edited: