Wiki Is Yoga considered a billable Behavioral Health Visit

pp14aapc

Best answers
Our BH department is starting to have a Yoga class as a weekly group or individual session for some of our BH patients, is it a billable group visit as 90853 or individual 90834?

Our BH department is starting to have a Yoga class as a weekly group or individual session for some of our BH patients, is it a billable group visit as 90853 or individual 90834?

I would say without hesitation no on 90853 and 90834.

I do think you can attempt 97150. Additionally, I think you would need to verify with your insurance carrier, send in procedure notes and make sure your provider is credentialed with whatever might be needed. I have no idea what that might be. 97150 is only for groups. I am not sure what you could do with an individual. I thought maybe 97110, but changed my mind.

Last edited:
I would say without hesitation no on 90853 and 90834.

I do think you can attempt 97150. Additionally, I think you would need to verify with your insurance carrier, send in procedure notes and make sure your provider is credentialed with whatever might be needed. I have no idea what that might be. 97150 is only for groups. I am not sure what you could do with an individual. I thought maybe 97110, but changed my mind.

I would ask why is this group being done? What is the benefit the client will receive? Is it on the service plan?

I would ask why is this group being done? What is the benefit the client will receive? Is it on the service plan?

Your right, what is the benefit the client will receive. Nonetheless, I still think it's the only valid code out there that could be used.

But you are abssolutely right, what is the benefit from a group therapy of yoga - hard to think of one actually.