Wiki Ligament Repair or Fracture

LIVE2CODE

Networker
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
It is Friday and the week has been hectic, but I am confused. Can CRPP be done for MCP RCL sprain? nowhere in patient chart there's mention of fracture.

1650050406349.png

In your opinion is there enough details to support 26706 since there's no mention of fracture, but stressing of the joint and complete rupture of RCL w/pinning, would that support dislocation, or a avulsion fracture?

In your opinion is there enough details to support 26706 since there's no mention of fracture, but stressing of the joint and complete rupture of RCL w/pinning, would that support dislocation, or a avulsion fracture?
Yes when the joint is stressed under fluoro with ligamentous rupture and the report states, "reduced the joint", that's what this code is for in my opinion. What does the header say?

1650383079701.png

I did bill with 26706 with dx of RCL strain and dislocation
Thank you for your assistance

77071 I thought could only be billed in office setting
If you are billing for the facility, I would not code 77071 unless your payer contract specifically states you can. I know as an ASC I don't bill for fluoro unless it is work comp. All other payers bundle it as inclusive or state they don't pay for radiology codes.

If you are billing for the facility, I would not code 77071 unless your payer contract specifically states you can. I know as an ASC I don't bill for fluoro unless it is work comp. All other payers bundle it as inclusive or state they don't pay for radiology codes.
I meant if you are doing physician/surgeon bill not facility. 77071 is specifically for professional service only. It doesn't have a TC/PC. It is packaged in ASC.