Wiki Limpoma

Articia1

New
Best answers
Hi Fellow Coders,

I have a questions I'm a new coder and still learning :). I was wondering if any one can look at the report listed below and tell me how you would code it. I came up with 11400 but for some reason Im thinking its going to be a a suture code. Again thank you in advance.

PREOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS: Lipoma of the left posterior thigh.
POSTOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS:Same.
PROCEDURES: Excision of the above.
OPERATIVE PROCEDURES AND PATHOLOGICAL FINDINGS: Lipoma
DESCRIPTION OF PROCEDURE:
The patient was taken to the Operating Room where under local anesthesia a total of 40 ccs. of
1% Carbocaine, good anesthesia was obtained. The transverse incision was made centered over
the visible and palpable mass, carried down through the skin and subcutaneous layer. The mass
was noted and shelled out. It had no major neurovascular attachments. This was noted to go
down to the fascia level posteriorly. This was removed in its entirety. Copiously irrigated and
aspirated. The fat layer was closed using 0 plain catgut. The skin with subcuticular stitches of 2-0
dermalon. ESTIMATED BLOOD LOSS: minimal. Dressings of opsite, 4x4's, Jones' wrap i.e.,
Webril and an Ace wrap were applied for compression. She tolerated the procedure well and left
the Operating Room in good condition