Wiki MVA admission in pregnancy

Jenetteis

Networker
Best answers
What ICD-10 codes would be first listed for a pregnant 30 weeks pregnant female admitted to antepartum preterm contractions following a motor vehicle accident (Pt hit a deer head-on; c/o pain where seatbelt was. 30 weeks along. Pt c/o cramping)? O60.00, R51.9, V89.2XXA, Z04.1, Z3a.30. Also, please correct me if I am wrong but I would bill this to the patient's health insurance. TIA!

Last edited by a moderator:
What ICD-10 codes would be first listed for a pregnant 30 weeks pregnant female admitted to antepartum preterm contractions following a motor vehicle accident (Pt hit a deer head-on; c/o pain where seatbelt was. 30 weeks along. Pt c/o cramping)? O60.00, R51.9, V89.2XXA, Z04.1, Z3a.30. Also, please correct me if I am wrong but I would bill this to the patient's health insurance. TIA!
The correct code for the accident portion would be V40.0XXA assuming she was the driver and I do not see in your description that she was complaining of the headache so I would not report R51.9. As the O codes all take precedent, your are correct in reporting O60.0, but you already know she is in the third trimester so the final digit is 3, not 0. And yes, I would bill this visit to insurance.