Wiki Nasal Embolization help

JenReyn99

Guru
Best answers
I am newer at interventional radiology, and I need help with this case. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank-you!

"The right groin was prepped and draped in a sterile fashion. Local anesthesia was applied. Under ultrasound guidance, the right common femoral artery was punctured. A short 6 French sheath was placed. A 5 French catheter was placed in the ascending aorta. An aortic arch arteriogram was performed.

Catheter was exchanged for a 4 French JB one catheter. This was manipulated into the right common carotid artery. Films of the head and neck were obtained. The catheter was removed over wire. A 6 French Envoy guiding catheter was then placed into the common carotid. It was manipulated into the right external carotid artery. Additional films were obtained. The 3 French microcatheter was then placed into the right external carotid artery. It was manipulated into the internal maxillary artery. It was further placed into the distal internal maxillary artery. Films were then obtained. These demonstrate appropriate position. Embolization was then performed with 300-500 um PVA particles. After embolization, additional runs were obtained through the microcatheter and then the guiding catheter. A neurological exam was performed. The microcatheter and guiding catheter were then removed. The 6 French sheath was removed. A star close device was deployed in the right groin. "

I appreciate any input. Thanks!

61626/75894/75898/36223/ 36227
I didn't see diagnostic findings for 36223 and 36227. If we see complete report then I can give all appropriate cpt codes.

I would be careful charging the dx angios depending on whether the patient had a CTA or previous angio that diagnosed the patients condition. read the instructions in CPT and if this is a Medicare patient, the additional rules in the NCCI Manual.