Wiki RNs 99500-99600

bdurham67@gmail.com

Contributor
Best answers
Good day,

Can you please tell me if Registered Nurses can report codes 99500 - 99600? Say for instance they report 99506 for IM injections? or 99507 for CATH change? I am hearing conflicting information and just wanted to be sure.
Thanks.

Can you give a little more information about the context in which you're asking this, i.e. what type of practice and for what payers? Registered nurses don't normally report their own services - in an physician practice setting, the services are reported by the supervising physician, in a hospital by the facility and in a home by the home health agency. The billing and reporting rules for these three different settings are very different as are the rules, which also vary by payer.

Hi,

It's for a group practice and the payers would be for Medicare, MH, BCBS, THP. Our Group practice consists of NPPA, RN, MD and the RNs may provide services like, venipuncture, vaccines, SPT change, wound dressing change and they may do that at the homes of the patients who are severely disabled.

Hi,

It's for a group practice and the payers would be for Medicare, MH, BCBS, THP. Our Group practice consists of NPPA, RN, MD and the RNs may provide services like, venipuncture, vaccines, SPT change, wound dressing change and they may do that at the homes of the patients who are severely disabled.

For an RN to see patients in the home, she would need to work thru a home health agency. There are different supervision requirements. An RN in a physician office clinic cannot see patients in the home and bill under the MD or NP when that practioner is not physically present in the home at the same time. A home health nurse does not bill under an MD or NP and they are paid differently.