Wiki Telehealth Critical Care

mkees

Contributor
Best answers
Hello,

I was wondering if someone can answer a question for us, we are billing for Teleheath services this year so we are new to the guidelines and needed clarification if G0508/G0509 are timed based codes? Everywhere we turn it states..."typically lasting 60 min or 50 min, the provider documented 30 so is G0508 ok to bill? Typically to me means it can take up to 50 or 60 min, but whatever time is documented is okay?

Any guidance from someone with experience in this field would be greatly appreciated!

Michelle Kees CPC
Trajectory RCS
316-831-1500
m.kees@trajectoryrcs.com

Hello,

I was wondering if someone can answer a question for us, we are billing for Teleheath services this year so we are new to the guidelines and needed clarification if G0508/G0509 are timed based codes? Everywhere we turn it states..."typically lasting 60 min or 50 min, the provider documented 30 so is G0508 ok to bill? Typically to me means it can take up to 50 or 60 min, but whatever time is documented is okay?

Any guidance from someone with experience in this field would be greatly appreciated!

Michelle Kees CPC
Trajectory RCS
316-831-1500
m.kees@trajectoryrcs.com

Hi Michelle
Did you ever get an answer to this? I have the same question myself and have not been able to find any guidance, so I was wondering if you had been successful.
If I ever find out, I'll let you know too!
Linda Holtzman, CPC, COC