2013 Procedural Coding Expert
Official AMA CPT® codes and descriptions paired with CMS’s rules and guidelines
Procedural Coding Expert
Out of Stock
Note: This book CAN NOT be used for AAPC certification exams.
This expert edition procedural coding book contains AMA's CPT® codes and is designed for a coder’s daily work—not the classroom
or AAPC’s credentialing exams. Physician practices, outpatient hospitals,
and ASCs will benefit from this single, easy-to-navigate resource that arranges
codes in a design known to speed coding, billing, and reimbursement. You’ll
also find a comprehensive listing of annual code additions/changes/deletions/reinstatements
in the appendix, new code icons and notes, plus reimbursement information and mid-year
changes not found in the AMA’s CPT® books.
This is THE GUIDE for anyone who is serious about the reimbursement process.
Compare: AMA CPT® Book vs AAPC Book
Look inside this book: view sample pages.
Key features and Benefits:
- Resequenced CPT® code alerts. Identify the AMA’s new code “resequencing” at
a glance with our specific instructions, color bars, and brackets.
- Interventional radiology guidance. Access an appendix of illustrations
showing interventional radiology vascular families for more accurate radiology coding.
- Headings with detailed subheadings. Locate CPT® codes quickly.
- Medically Unlikely Edits (MUEs) appendix. Improve claims accuracy by
ensuring CMS compliance through easy-to-access codes and their associated MUE units.
- Brand-name vaccinations associated with CPT® codes. Aid accurate coding
for medications with this helpful reference.
- Extensive user-friendly index. Find codes in a flash with the most accurate
and expansive index of any CPT® coding resource with terms listed in a variety of ways.
- PQRI icons and appendix. Link codes and their associated quality
measure for reporting to Medicare.
- Code-specific definitions, rules, and references. Reference comprehensive
information compiled from the AMA, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS),
Ingenix, and other sources to assist with accurate coding and speed reimbursement.
- Facility and non-facility RVUs and global/follow-up days. Ensure more
accurate reimbursement with attachment to the corresponding code.
- Helpful illustrations. Detect anatomical differences in codes with ease.
- Medicare coverage rules with icons and Pub. 100 references. Understand
which policies apply to CPT® codes prior to claim submission with icons and references
for each rule, plus a copy of the applicable policy in the appendix.
- Pub. 100s and National Coverage Determinations (NCDs). Access new information
that affects coding, including better identification of the national coverage manual.
- Modifier icons. Apply modifiers correctly with quick icon identification
with the CPT® code.
- Spiral binding - lays flat for easy-to-use coding
*CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association