Prepare for Recovery Audits: Avoiding Painful Outcomes
- Broadcast: Jun 14, 2009 at 12:00AM
- Presentation Length:
- On Demand available: Jun 14, 2009 at 12:00AM MDT *(Post-Event Recording)
- Author: Deborah Grider, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-P, CPMA, CPC-I, CEMC
- Corporate Members:
- Attendee Rating:
It’s no longer IF your practice will be audited, it’s WHEN. Understanding what auditors are targeting is the first step toward clean audit results. Your practice can’t afford to miss this 3-hour/6-CEU workshop teaching what currently puts your practice at a higher risk for RAC audits and general recovery audits as well as techniques for winning when you are audited.
The material in this workshop covers not only CERT and commercial audit recoveries, but the federal government’s new Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) program, which is expected to recover another $18 billion in 2009 (that's an average of $22,500 for every physician in the United States).
This workshop is a "must attend" for physicians, administrators, and coders who need to be on top of their trade in today’s environment of active payer audits.
This Workshop Will Help You:
- Achieve favorable audit results from private and government payers
- Avoid audit-triggering mistakes: How providers are selected for an audit
- Educate Physicians & Staff: Have the right 15-minute coder-to-physician compliance conversation
- Be compliant as you protect your bottom line
- File an appeal if you are audited
- Identify and use the rights of your practice
- Take the right steps if auditors ask for dollars back
- Defend your coding if you feel auditors have made an error
Register to Access this On Demand Event
- Get access to the author-recorded webinar broadcast
- Includes electronic workbook, downloadable mp3, ipod/iphone video, and presentation slides
- Learn at your own pace with the ability to pause, rewind, etc.
*On demand workshops are for single person use only and may not be rebroadcast,
retransmitted, shared or disseminated. A computer with a high speed Internet connection
and speakers (or headphones) is recommended to connect to the event.
About The Author
CPC®, CPC-H®, CPC-P®, CPC-I®, CEMC™, COBGC™
Deborah has been involved in health care for 30 years and speaks nationally across the country in relation to compliance, coding, and reimbursement. She has worked with many physicians nationally on coding, reimbursement, compliance and regulatory issues across many specialties. Deborah has specialized in medical chart audits among many specialties as well as practice management and coding consulting. Deborah is the Past President of the AAPC National Advisory Board. Deborah is certified by AAPC as well as the American Health Information Management Association, and a past CPT Editorial Panel Member representing AAPC.