Precyse On-Site Medical Records Supervisor: Great Falls, MT
Our commitment to you: Precyse University, 24X7 technical support, comprehensive benefit package, work from home and travel opportunities, computer equipment provided as needed, a highly accomplished management team, Colleague recognition programs and competitive.
The HIM Supervisor supervises day-to-day operations of the HIM clerical staff and performs general HIM functions.
• Supervises the day-to-day operations of the shift and reports issues to management as necessary.
• Ensures work distribution for designated shift activities.
• Ensures filing of dictated reports according to established criteria.
• Ensures timely completion of requests for records or information.
• Ensures filing of records to ensure completion on a daily basis.
• Prepares monthly work schedules with management.
• Assists with staff training when needs are identified.
• Assists with record retrieval.
• Maintains compliance to written policies and procedures
• Helps develop and implements process improvement programs that promote efficient work-flow and professional development programs for staff in conjunction with the supervisors and managers.
• Demonstrates the ability to deal with pressure to meet deadlines, to be accurate, and to handle constantly changing situations.
• Demonstrates the ability to deal with a varity of people, deal with stressful situations and handle conflict.
• Maintains strict physician and patient confidentiality and follows federal, state and hospital guidelines for the release of information.
• Supports Precyse's Compliance Program by demonstrating adherence to all relevant compliance policies and procedures as evidenced by in-service attendance and daily practice; notifying management when there is a compliance concern or incident; demonstrating knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations as evidenced by appropriate handling of patient information; promoting confidentiality and using discretion when handling patient information.
• 3+ years work experience in the Health Information Managements (HIM) field
• Preferred degree in HIM or RHIT
• Coding and abstracting knowledge a plus
• Must possess good written and verbal communication skills
• Requires good interpersonal and customer service skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of computer technology and preferred knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of shift department functions
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Must have ability to handle multiple priorities and work independently
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V
Apply today!!! http://careers.precyse.com/view-job/?jobid=302