CPC Employment Opportunity-MMP (Ann Arbor, MI)
We are currently looking for a Certified Coder to join our team in Ann Arbor, MI for coding and charge entry and registration. The certified coder is responsible for coding needed for neurology, urology, pulmonary medicine, pathology, or various surgical specialties including vascular and thoracic surgery.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• This position is responsible for the consultation and/or surgical coding and patient registration in on our NextGen billing system.
• Must be a focused, organized, analytical, team-player who is proficient at researching and solving problems.
• Daily use of coding software programs
• Use of medical terminology, ICD-9, CPT and HCPCS
• Reading of the entire operative report to ensure that all codes are abstracted and documentation is submitted for billing.
• Addressing billing/coding related inquires.
• Interacting with other healthcare professionals and physicians regarding coding issues.
• Handling patient phone calls.
• Responsible for attending meetings and in-services to enhance coding knowledge, compliance skills, and maintenance of credentials.
• Reconciling Bed List, Consultation Spreadsheet and Encounters with no charges
• Correcting Charge related denials.
• Handling additional tasks as assigned by Team Lead.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 3-6 years of medical coding experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Medical record analysis to understand the procedure performed and the reason for which it was done.
• Proficient in medical terminology.
• Proficient in ICD-9, CPT and HCPCS.
• Must have knowledge of Medicare and various other payer coding, billing, and reimbursement guidelines.
• CPC, CCS or CMC certification
If interested in the position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (734) 796-2731.