SynaMed, LLC is seeking a
Home-Based Medical Biller & Practice Management Support Specialist
to join our team.
The remote position is an ideal opportunity for a candidate who works from home as a virtual office.
- Minimum of 3-5 years coding / experience
- Experience working with a Practice Management System
- Expertise in medical terminology
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, written & oral communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve, think critically, and provide billing & technical support to clients
- Capable of working efficiently on a remote basis from home – a broadband connection to the internet (Cable, DSL, Fiber optic) is required
- Experience and familiarity with an EMR (Electronic Medical Record) System
- Assists physicians, managers, patient & insurance representatives, and procedure schedulers by identifying problems in billing patterns
- Reviews and assists with hospital charge processing and practice charge processing
- Supports clients (consisting of medical practicioners and ancillary staff) with billing issues in the Practice Management Software
- Receives insurance denials and requests; reviews patient’s medical records to resubmit claims using accurate ICD-9 and CPT codes
- Takes the initiative in communicating with insurance companies in order to resolve coding discrepancies
- Answers client and colleague’s questions regarding coding & billing processes
- Periodic audit/research of problems pertaining to coding
- Conducts self in accordance with company policies, procedures and handbook
- Maintains strict confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines
SynaMed is an EEO employer and encourages people from all walks of life to apply.