Go Back   AAPC Medical Coding & Billing Forums > Medical Coding > Outpatient Facilities
Forum Rules FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Networker

bench is on a distinguished road
Default accidental laceration repair

Hi Fellows,

I just want to get your advise regarding a procedure. We had a laparoscopic surgery and upon inserting the veress needle one of the vascular structure got lacerated. After the laparoscopic procedure was done and all incisions were closed, another surgeon came in to repair the vascular laceration open procedure and also did a peritoneal exploration. My question is, would you still code for the laceration repair and peritoneal exploration or this are inclusives.

Thanks, appreciate it.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:25 AM
New

pbdas1 is on a distinguished road

What type of insurace does the patient have? I've noticed a trend in payer denials when "services/procedures" billed are in result from an accident that happened during the orginal procedure?
Old 01-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Networker

bench is on a distinguished road

it is blue cross..

Thanks
Old 01-22-2010, 03:05 PM
True Blue

mbort is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bench View Post
Hi Fellows,

I just want to get your advise regarding a procedure. We had a laparoscopic surgery and upon inserting the veress needle one of the vascular structure got lacerated. After the laparoscopic procedure was done and all incisions were closed, another surgeon came in to repair the vascular laceration open procedure and also did a peritoneal exploration. My question is, would you still code for the laceration repair and peritoneal exploration or this are inclusives.

Thanks, appreciate it.
absolutely inclusive!