Looking for a HIM Manager in NY
Amy Knoell of CyberCoders asked me if I could post this job offering. If you qualify please contact her at 678.519.2983 | Amy.Knoell@CyberCoders.com and mention that Susan Lazzaro from the Upper Saddle River AAPC Chapter told you about the position.
The position details:
Coding Manager, Quality Manager, Data Manager, HIM, ICD-9 coding, Medical Coding, Audits, QA, QC
Coding Manager, Quality Assurance or Control, Data Management, HIM, ICD-9 coding, Reimbursement Systems, Auditing, Acute Care, Ambulatory Services
We are a service and consulting practice with busy hospitals, ambulatory services and acute care facilities as our client base. We are dedicated to providing quality medical coding, auditing, HIM, QA and other services.
We are currently searching for a Manager of Coding and Data Quality that is based out of New York or otherwise does not mind traveling to provide multiple services on site for our clients.
Relocation assistance available for the right individual!
What you need for this position:
- At least 4-5 years of management in a HIM position is preferred
- Certification in CCS, CCS-P or CPC; RHIA or RHIT required
- Bachelors degree required
- Experience managing other staff members and coders
- Strong Project management and organizational skills
- Must be able to travel in NY and Tri-State area. Some regional and international travel might be required as well
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-9-CM coding, MS-DRGs, APCs, POAs, HACs
- Strong knowledge of auditing concepts, statistics, reporting, Quality management,
- Ability to manage people, projects, schedules, workflow and production.
- Must have knowledge of regulatory issues, medical coding practices, terminology, systems, policies and procedures within the acute care and ambulatory environments
What would your responsibilities be:
- Ensure quality of coding services adhere to industry and policy guidelines
- Manage coding and QA staff
- Manage the coding and QA assignment schedule
- Conduct Quality Assurance and evaluation of coding work performed by staff
- Providing training and support to clients and staff as needed relating to coding and auditing
- Assist in the hiring, testing and evaluation of potential coding staff
- Be instrumental in planning, development and implementation of new products and services
- Serving as facility expert regarding ICD9 and CPT coding, abstracting, and data quality
What's in it for you:
- A comprehensive benefits package
- A competitive salary
- Flexible scheduling
- Work with great people
So if you are a HIM Manager, Coding Manager with Quality Assurance background please apply right away!