Go Back   AAPC Medical Coding & Billing Forums > Medical Coding > Outpatient Facilities
Forum Rules FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2010, 08:06 AM
Guru

vmounce is on a distinguished road
Default 835 Healthcare Policy Identification Segment

I have a claim that denied for not deemed medically necessary, and to refer to 835 Healthcare Policy Identification Segment. I have never seen one of these before. Does anyone know what it means? Doc removed 2 lesions, one on each eyelid. Used 216.1, 11442 LT and 11441 RT.

I appreciate any info...

Vickie Mounce
Old 08-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Contributor

jkirasich is on a distinguished road

We have been wondering the same thing. Has anyone else encountered this mysterious denial? Upon researching it looks as though it is the name of a list of denial codes, but I can't seem to find any other information.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:14 AM
New

seniorcoder is on a distinguished road
Default Mysterious denial

" Refer to the 835 REF Segment: Healthcare Policy Identification, if pr"

It seems that the denial explanation its truncated and we don't see the whole explanation. ...... I think that is what they want to say ....not medically necessary???? I thought that you can say that when behind your last name you write M.D. Who determines that?