Go Back   AAPC Medical Coding & Billing Forums > Medical Coding > Pediatrics
Forum Rules FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2010, 11:12 AM
Contributor

jewhipke is on a distinguished road
Question CPT 96372 for Synagis claims?

I have a question regarding Synagis claims, CPT 90378, and the administration charge. We are charging for an office visit and Synagis injection, but my question is: Can we also charge for the administration, CPT 96372, when the nurse administers the injection, but the child is observed before they leave and the provider is in office? The provider goes back into the room to check on the child before they leave the office. In the manual it states: "Physicians do not report 96372 for injections given without direct supervision. To report, use 99211. Hospitals may report 96372 when the physician is not present".

Can anyone give me clarification?

Thanks to anyone that can help me with this!