Go Back   AAPC Medical Coding & Billing Forums > Auditing > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2011, 03:23 PM
New

papoosebabe is on a distinguished road
Default Failed on CPC exam

I took the CPC exam last October 22, 2011 and I failed it. Any advise? I also studied the 2011 CPC CD Final Exam book, what have I done wrong? Should I retake it again?

Thanks,

Papoose
Old 10-26-2011, 03:54 PM
True Blue

ajs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by papoosebabe View Post
I took the CPC exam last October 22, 2011 and I failed it. Any advise? I also studied the 2011 CPC CD Final Exam book, what have I done wrong? Should I retake it again?

Thanks,

Papoose
It has been so long since I took it, do they give you any indications as to the areas you missed? You should definitely retake the exam but this time take the practice test online. I think one retake is included in the original exam fee so it should not cost you anything to take it again. Don't give up. If you can think of any areas in the exam you felt you were unsure of, I would study those areas too. Check in with the local chapter, sometimes they have a review course or study group you could hook up with. Lots of options, just do try again and good luck!
President-Elect 2010
Member Relations 2008
AAPC NAB 2007-2009
Old 10-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Networker

aimie is on a distinguished road
Default cpc

yes take it again use the mock test from aapc and the aapc review it took me three times. it was that important to me. If u want help i will. did u tab your book and write and highlight. also did answers eliminate codes as soon as you were done reading or part of it.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:31 PM
New

SFRISINA is on a distinguished road

I took it me 4 times and I still didn't pass it. Of course you get two shots every time you pay for the test, and I'm not going to pay for it again. I really felt confident that I passed it the last time I took it...and I didn't. I purchased the on-line test from AAPC, did the boot camp at the National Coding Conference thru NAMAS (it's a waste of time and money - I don't recommend it). As an adult, it's embarrassing to fail any test once....let alone 4 times. I would love to take it again, but I'm not going to fork out any more money.

I wish you the very best of luck!

Stacy
Old 10-28-2011, 03:02 PM
True Blue

ajs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFRISINA View Post
I took it me 4 times and I still didn't pass it. Of course you get two shots every time you pay for the test, and I'm not going to pay for it again. I really felt confident that I passed it the last time I took it...and I didn't. I purchased the on-line test from AAPC, did the boot camp at the National Coding Conference thru NAMAS (it's a waste of time and money - I don't recommend it). As an adult, it's embarrassing to fail any test once....let alone 4 times. I would love to take it again, but I'm not going to fork out any more money.

I wish you the very best of luck!

Stacy
Sorry to hear you have not been successful passing the test. I don't blame you for not wanting to pay again to take it, it is expensive! Do you get achance to attend seminars or conferences? Maybe you just need time to gain some more information. Do you work in the coding field, or some other kind of work.? If your local chapter offers an exam prep class you could still participate even if you don't plan to take the test again. Just gaining more knowledge might help figure out where you went wrong. I hope someday you find yourself in a position to try again.
President-Elect 2010
Member Relations 2008
AAPC NAB 2007-2009
Old 10-28-2011, 04:31 PM
New

macjac7 is on a distinguished road

I did not pass the first time, please try again! I used the Carol Buck study book and exams, found the book much easier to read than the AAPC but found the AAPC exams were much more like the test. I waited three months before trying again, using that time to study each section and make notes. Be sure to tab your books too. Best wishes Jackie
Old 10-31-2011, 08:30 AM
Expert

LOVE2CODE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by papoosebabe View Post

Thanks,

Papoose
Hello Papoose,

I would suggest that you touch base w/your local chapter and ask for a mentor. Find out what your weaknesses were on the test and study w/your mentor. If your chapter is also offering review classes, go to them....Hope this info is helpful......

Yolanda T. Haskins CPC, CMCO
Alexandria VA Local Chapter
Past President 2012 ~ 2013
Past Member Development Officer 2010 ~ 2011
Old 10-31-2011, 10:37 AM
New

kcalascibetta is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I would definately take it again. I would suggest to do all the short questions and the ones that you know right away first. Don't even waste time on the long ones because you only have a certain amount of time on each questions. Go back to them after and if you run out of time put something in otherwise you don't credit at all. I did pass the exam the first time but I thought it was extremely hard and I thought for sure I didn't pass.. Good Luck
Old 11-02-2011, 07:39 AM
Networker

kiku3@ptd.net is on a distinguished road
Default Take exam again

I agree with the last post, I did a full year of training at a Community College and we did 2 practice exams; our instructor told us to go through and do all the ones you know right off the bat, it gives you confidence; then go back and go through the ones you have to think about; Leave No Blanks! we had some in our class who did not pass the first time either and re-took the exam and passed. Remember about half way through, get up, go to the bathroom, get away for a minute or two to clear your head and re-focus your eyes, it definitely helps! Good Luck
Old 11-11-2011, 03:21 PM
New

lizsanders is on a distinguished road
Default Failed CPC Test

Yea----try The Coding Blitz Videos $240 -they will help you immensely!