Go Back   AAPC Medical Coding & Billing Forums > Medical Coding > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2011, 09:05 AM
New

jawaters5 is on a distinguished road
Default Amerigroup requiring LMP date

Is anyone else getting denials from Amerigroup or any other insurance company requiring the LMP (last menstrual period) date when billing 76801,76812,76815,76818?

They are denying all our procedures listed above stating the LMP is required in field 14. I have left messages with no return phone calls. I also contacted the Ohio department of Insurance trying to get a copy of this new law Amerigroup is stating is now a requirement.

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem and if you can supply me with any additional information.

They are the ONLY insurance company denying these codes for the LMP date requirement.

Thanks
Jenny
Old 12-08-2011, 09:41 AM
True Blue

ajs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawaters5 View Post
Is anyone else getting denials from Amerigroup or any other insurance company requiring the LMP (last menstrual period) date when billing 76801,76812,76815,76818?

They are denying all our procedures listed above stating the LMP is required in field 14. I have left messages with no return phone calls. I also contacted the Ohio department of Insurance trying to get a copy of this new law Amerigroup is stating is now a requirement.

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem and if you can supply me with any additional information.

They are the ONLY insurance company denying these codes for the LMP date requirement.

Thanks
Jenny
I generally would use the LMP date as the onset date when billing these codes anyway. Some of the U/S codes are based on weeks of pregnancy, so it is understandable they would need that info to confirm the coding is correct.
President-Elect 2010
Member Relations 2008
AAPC NAB 2007-2009
Old 12-08-2011, 09:52 AM
New

jawaters5 is on a distinguished road

Our problem is we are a hospital based radiology group and we do not have any access to this information. We will have to make phone calls to the referring physcians for this information.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:54 AM
True Blue

ajs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawaters5 View Post
Our problem is we are a hospital based radiology group and we do not have any access to this information. We will have to make phone calls to the referring physcians for this information.
Yep, and that is information the referring physician should be sending you with the referral. If you make sure you have the info up front you will not get the denials.
President-Elect 2010
Member Relations 2008
AAPC NAB 2007-2009