Advanced Urological Coding - Robotics, Laparoscopic, and Radical Surgeries
Laparoscopic and robotic procedures are becoming frequently-performed, every-day services in modern-day urology. Their coding and billing have separate and often confusing polices and rules. This presentation will give the attendee the knowledge and understanding for the proper billing and coding for these procedures. This knowledge will decrease denials and rejection of claims while allowing for greater accuracy of payments to the surgeons.
You Will Learn:
- Laparoscopic procedures that may be performed by Urologists
- Differences between the various laparoscopic nephrectomies
- When one should code for both open and laparoscopic procedures during the same surgery
- How to code for unlisted laparoscopic or robotic procedures and expect full payments
- How to code for laparoscopic vasectomy
- How to code for hand-assisted and discontinued laparoscopic procedures converted to open procedures
CEU approved for all CPCs, CPC-Hs, CPC-Ps and the following specialties: CASCC, CGIC, CGSC, CPMA, and CUC.
There are two ways to register for this event:
- Entire office can attend*
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any
other event materials
- Earn up to
CEUs (per attendee)
Corporate Members: $89.96
Already registered? Log in
2013 Coding/Billing Subscription
- Entire office can attend*
- Access 40+ 2013 Webinars
- Access ALL 2012 Webinars (40+ events) on demand
- Includes webinar broadcast (online or downloadable), presentation slides, and Q&A
- Earn up to 2 CEUs per webinar, per attendee (that's 80+ CEUs for 2013 alone)
- Topics cover more than 21 specialties
Corporate Members: $715.50
* Webinar Policy: Webinars are for single-office (one physical office location, e.g.
a conference room) use only and may not be rebroadcast, shared or disseminated. Each webinar subscription or purchase entitles the user to one online connection or one back-up phone line
– use of more than one phone line and phone conferencing is prohibited. AAPC local chapters or other groups of individuals representing multiple companies or separate offices within a single
facility do not constitute a "single-office" and may not share a single event or webinar subscription. All webinar subscriptions expire December 31.
About The Presenter
Dr. Ferragamo received his undergraduate degree from Columbia University in New York City, his Medical Degree from State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, and after two years of general surgical training at Brooklyn Hospital, completed his three years of urological training at the Kings County Hospital and Medical Center in New York. He served two years in the United States Navy during the Vietnam conflict as a Lieutenant Commander in the medical corps and as the assistant chief of urology at the St. Albans Naval Hospital, Queens, New York. He was the senior urologist of Urocare Associates of New York and practiced general urology for over 35 years. Following his retirement from active practice he continued to oversee the coding and reimbursement for Urocare Associates.
To contact the webinar department, email email@example.com or call (800) 626-2633, option 4.
This event was recommended by 95.20 % of your peers.You rated this event: