Coding for the Outpatient Hospital Setting
Please join us to learn more about the myriad of insurance payment methodologies including percent of charge payments, contractual arrangements and cost based payment. We will take an in depth look at Medicare’s payment systems for outpatient hospitals.
The correct assignment of coding nomenclature is critical in today’s highly regulated atmosphere, from both an economical and compliance perspective. This webinar is meant to broaden your understanding of CPT and APC code assignment and its direct relation to reimbursement for your facility
You Will Learn:
- What is meant by "Hospital Outpatient Coding"
- What the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System is and how it affects hospital outpatient coding
- To identify several key areas for review that will assist in accurate capture of hospital outpatient services
CEU approved for all CPCs, CPC-Hs, CPC-Ps and the following specialties: CASCC, CCC, CCVTC, CCPC, CPCD, CGIC, CGSC, CHONC, CPMA, COBGC, COSC, CENTC, CPRC, CRHC, and CUC.
There are two ways to register for this event:
- Entire office can attend*
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any
other event materials
- Earn up to
CEUs (per attendee)
Corporate Members: $89.96
Already registered? Log in
2013 Coding/Billing Subscription
- Entire office can attend*
- Access 40+ 2013 Webinars
- Access ALL 2012 Webinars (40+ events) on demand
- Includes webinar broadcast (online or downloadable), presentation slides, and Q&A
- Earn up to 2 CEUs per webinar, per attendee (that's 80+ CEUs for 2013 alone)
- Topics cover more than 21 specialties
Corporate Members: $715.50
* Webinar Policy: Webinars are for single-office (one physical office location, e.g.
a conference room) use only and may not be rebroadcast, shared or disseminated. Each webinar subscription or purchase entitles the user to one online connection or one back-up phone line
– use of more than one phone line and phone conferencing is prohibited. AAPC local chapters or other groups of individuals representing multiple companies or separate offices within a single
facility do not constitute a "single-office" and may not share a single event or webinar subscription. All webinar subscriptions expire December 31.
About The Presenter
Catrena L. Smith, CPC, CCS, CCS-P, PCS: Catrena has a 13-year career in the health information management field. She has focused on education and training in hopes of increasing the consistency and accuracy of coded data. Catrena has worked in all sectors of coding by providing coding, auditing, and education services to hospitals, teaching facilities, physicians' offices, military treatment centers, and VA facilities. Catrena also taught college and online medical coding and billing courses. She looks forward to helping grow the next generation of coders.
To contact the webinar department, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 626-2633, option 4.
This event was recommended by 97.28 % of your peers.You rated this event: