Denials cost a practice a great deal of money, both in staff time, delayed payments and lost payments. Let’s look at what can the practice do to manage this “thorn in the side” of the practice’s financial health. And let’s examine what the most common denials from Medicare are, and what the practice can do PROACTIVELY to prevent the denials from happening in the first place, saving staff time, speeding payment and increasing the bottom line of the practice!
You Will Learn:
- How to examine denials and evaluate why they are happening
- What to do with the data once you find out where the denials are coming from
- Why Medicare issues denials
- What proactive actions can be taken to prevent these denials
- How to examine workflow and processes to prevent denials and increase the bottom line
CEU approved for all CPCs, CPC-Hs, and CPC-Ps.
There are two ways to register for this event:
- Entire office can attend*
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any
other event materials
- Earn up to
CEUs (per attendee)
Corporate Members: $89.96
Already registered? Log in
2013 Coding/Billing Subscription
- Entire office can attend*
- Access 40+ 2013 Webinars
- Access ALL 2012 Webinars (40+ events) on demand
- Includes webinar broadcast (online or downloadable), presentation slides, and Q&A
- Earn up to 2 CEUs per webinar, per attendee (that's 80+ CEUs for 2013 alone)
- Topics cover more than 21 specialties
Corporate Members: $715.50
* Webinar Policy: Webinars are for single-office (one physical office location, e.g.
a conference room) use only and may not be rebroadcast, shared or disseminated. Each webinar subscription or purchase entitles the user to one online connection or one back-up phone line
– use of more than one phone line and phone conferencing is prohibited. AAPC local chapters or other groups of individuals representing multiple companies or separate offices within a single
facility do not constitute a "single-office" and may not share a single event or webinar subscription. All webinar subscriptions expire December 31.
About The Presenter
Barbara J. Cobuzzi is President of CRN Healthcare Solutions in Tinton Falls, NJ. She holds a BS in Industrial Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and an MBA from New York University. She holds certifications from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) as a CPC (physician coder), CPC-H (hospital outpatient coder), CPC-P (payer coder) and a CPC-I (coding instructor). She also holds a specialty certification in Otolaryngology (CENTC). Ms Cobuzzi is a past member of the American Academy of Professional Coders National Advisory Board as well as their Executive Board. She has also earned her Certification as a Healthcare Compliance Consultant from Healthcare Compliance Resources. She is frequently quoted by leading industry newsletters. Ms. Cobuzzi owned Cash Flow Solutions, Inc., a medical billing company for 13 years where practices received high value added coding and billing services, before she closed the billing company and entered into full time consulting. Barbara is a speaker for The Coding Institute, AAPC, the national MGMA conference, her state MGMA meeting as well as other organizations. Barbara Cobuzzi is also the Consulting Editor of Otolaryngology Coding Alert, as well as on many of the Editorial Advisory Boards of other coding publications.
Ms. Cobuzzi also participates in fraud investigations and has been part of the physician defense team as an expert witness. Her team has been very successful in assisting their physician clients deal with criminal and civil fraud prosecutions. Her background in industrial engineering and MBA along with coding, reimbursement and compliance provides Ms. Cobuzzi a unique perspective on practice management and the unique problems facing practices on a daily basis.
To contact the webinar department, email email@example.com or call (800) 626-2633, option 4.
This event was recommended by 98.89 % of your peers.You rated this event: