Documentation: How to Learn What the Doctor Didn't Note
Medical Documentation is vital. Providers must provide accurate, adequate and clinically useful documentation of patient encounters in order to ensure continuity of care for the patient, useful communication between providers in the care continuum and to provide a solid basis for reimbursement of claims.
Coders and auditors are tasked with reviewing records to determine that provider documentation supports the codes that are submitted for reimbursement. This review process may occur before or after claims are submitted. Presubmission reviews reduce revenue cycle and maximize reimbursement, providing the opportunity to address common errors of omission or comission. On closer inspection, reviewers may identify opportunities for improvement or potential for risk to the organization. This presentation offers the opportunity to hear a physician’s take on documentation, the challenges of changing behavior and insights to make both more successful.
You Will Learn:
- How physicians feel about the medical record, and how to encourage them to improve documentation
- Identify opportunities for improved reimbursement
- How to address potential risk areas when reviewing records
- How risk adjustment and HCC coding depend upon documentation
- How to tear apart medical records to identify key components
CEU approved for all CPCs, CPC-Hs, and CPC-Ps.
There are two ways to register for this event:
- Entire office can attend*
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any
other event materials
- Earn up to
CEUs (per attendee)
Corporate Members: $89.96
Already registered? Log in
- Entire office can attend*
- Access 40+ 2014 Webinars
- Access ALL 2013 Webinars (40+ events) on demand
- Includes webinar broadcast (online or downloadable), presentation slides, and Q&A
- Earn up to 2 CEUs per webinar, per attendee (that's 80+ CEUs for 2014 alone)
- Topics cover more than 21 specialties
$995 $895 through Jan 01
$895 $795 through Jan 01
$805.50 $715.50 through Jan 01
* Webinar Policy: Webinars are for single-office (one physical office location, e.g.
a conference room) use only and may not be rebroadcast, shared or disseminated. Each webinar subscription or purchase entitles the user to one online connection or one back-up phone line
– use of more than one phone line and phone conferencing is prohibited. AAPC local chapters or other groups of individuals representing multiple companies or separate offices within a single
facility do not constitute a "single-office" and may not share a single event or webinar subscription. All webinar subscriptions expire December 31.
About The Presenter
Dr. Lynn Myers is a Family Physician and was in private practice for twenty years before moving into the role of physician educator for a large multispecialty group in North Central Texas. She is a certified coder, and works to help physicians improve their documentation in order to confidently support the levels of service and diagnoses reported for reimbursement. Dr. Myers is also certified in Healthcare compliance, and is the Physician Champion for implementing and meaningfully using electronic medical record systems for Texas Health Physicians Group.
To contact the webinar department, email email@example.com or call (800) 626-2633, option 4.
This event was recommended by 97.90 % of your peers.You rated this event: