E/M Coding for Orthopaedics
Join us for a look at E/M coding for the Orthopaedic practice. Using sample notes, we’ll apply and compare the 1995 and 1997 Exam Guidelines, as well as discuss the appropriate modifiers to utilize for appropriate reporting of an E/M service during a global period.
You Will Learn:
- How to apply the 1995 and 1997 Exam Guidelines, using musculoskeletal case studies.
- When it is appropriate to report an E/M service on the same date as, or during the global period for, a procedure.
- The correct modifiers to append when reporting an E/M service for the Orthopaedic practice.
CCEU approved for all CPCs and the following specialties: CEMC, COSC
There are two ways to register for this event:
- Entire office can attend*
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any
other event materials
- Earn up to
CEUs (per attendee)
Corporate Members: $89.96
Already registered? Log in
2013 Coding/Billing Subscription
- Entire office can attend*
- Access 40+ 2013 Webinars
- Access ALL 2012 Webinars (40+ events) on demand
- Includes webinar broadcast (online or downloadable), presentation slides, and Q&A
- Earn up to 2 CEUs per webinar, per attendee (that's 80+ CEUs for 2013 alone)
- Topics cover more than 21 specialties
Corporate Members: $715.50
* Webinar Policy: Webinars are for single-office (one physical office location, e.g.
a conference room) use only and may not be rebroadcast, shared or disseminated. Each webinar subscription or purchase entitles the user to one online connection or one back-up phone line
– use of more than one phone line and phone conferencing is prohibited. AAPC local chapters or other groups of individuals representing multiple companies or separate offices within a single
facility do not constitute a "single-office" and may not share a single event or webinar subscription. All webinar subscriptions expire December 31.
About The Presenter
Julie earned her CPC in 1998 while working for the Orthopaedic and Neurosurgery Divisions of the Department of Surgery at Creighton University. She is currently the manager of physician coding audits for Alegent Creighton Clinic. In that capacity, she performs and reviews audits; and provides education to both coders and practitioners. Julie earned her CPC-I in 2004 and taught the AAPC’s Professional Medical Coding Curriculum to employees of Creighton University. She is currently an adjunct instructor at Metropolitan Community College in Omaha, Nebraska. Julie also proudly holds the AAPC's CPMA and CPCO credentials. She considers auditing, E&M, and surgical coding, especially orthopaedic and neurosurgical, to be her areas of expertise, but finds the greatest satisfaction in training and mentoring coders. Julie is past president of the Greater Omaha Chapter of the AAPC, as well as the Metro Omaha Coders Association (MOCA) – a chapter she co-founded. Julie is also a former AAPC National Advisory Board member, representing region 7 from 2009- 2011.
To contact the webinar department, email email@example.com or call (800) 626-2633, option 4.
This event was recommended by 96.11 % of your peers.You rated this event: