ICD-10: Clarity on What Will Happen, Not Horror Stories
The "mystique of complexity"- what a concept. Many ideas are really not that complicated, but making it seem that way will hurt our efforts rather than help them.
In this webinar, we will explore how to simplify the changes in ICD-10 and communicate them effectively with your clinicians. Although we have increased the number of terms significantly, OB, Mental Health and Orthopedics are affected the most. You will learn how to break ICD-10 down clinically so the clinicians will understand how it works, as well as strategies to educate the doctors so the transition will go as smoothly as it can.
You Will Learn:
- What are the biggest changes and what types of specialties will be affected the most
- When and how to approach the clinicians regarding the changes
- Clinical impacts of ICD-10: myth, lore and legends
- Billing impacts of ICD-10: more myths, lore and legend - what are the insurance companies going to require?
- Specificity: what is really necessary?
- Creating tools in the Electronic Medical Record to assist clinicians find the correct codes
CEU approved for all CPCs, CPC-Hs, and CPC-Ps.
There are two ways to register for this event:
- Entire office can attend*
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any
other event materials
- Earn up to
CEUs (per attendee)
Corporate Members: $89.96
Already registered? Log in
2013 Coding/Billing Subscription
- Entire office can attend*
- Access 40+ 2013 Webinars
- Access ALL 2012 Webinars (40+ events) on demand
- Includes webinar broadcast (online or downloadable), presentation slides, and Q&A
- Earn up to 2 CEUs per webinar, per attendee (that's 80+ CEUs for 2013 alone)
- Topics cover more than 21 specialties
Corporate Members: $715.50
* Webinar Policy: Webinars are for single-office (one physical office location, e.g.
a conference room) use only and may not be rebroadcast, shared or disseminated. Each webinar subscription or purchase entitles the user to one online connection or one back-up phone line
– use of more than one phone line and phone conferencing is prohibited. AAPC local chapters or other groups of individuals representing multiple companies or separate offices within a single
facility do not constitute a "single-office" and may not share a single event or webinar subscription. All webinar subscriptions expire December 31.
About The Presenter
Dr. James M Taylor is a Board Certified Family Medicine physician and Certified Professional Coder. He went into private practice in Xenia, Ohio and later joined Kaiser Permanente in Denver, Colorado, in 1995. He has served on the Electronic Health Record team for three years as a physician trainer and system administrator. He served as the Physician Director of Coding from 2002 to 2007 and is now the Medical Director of Revenue Cycle. He was recently elected to the Board of Directors for Kaiser’s physician group, the Colorado Permanente Medical Group.
To contact the webinar department, email email@example.com or call (800) 626-2633, option 4.
This event was recommended by 98.30 % of your peers.You rated this event: