New Rules for CMS When Reporting Consultations
The final rule for Consultations will stand. This will change how specialists who report consultations in the inpatient and outpatient setting report services for CMS. The consultation codes, however, have not been deleted and how commercial/third party payers will view them is of valid concern.
You Will Learn:
- How CPT guidelines for Consultations have changed for 2010
- How Consultations differ from Transfer of Care
- New CMS (Medicare) guidelines for reporting consultative services (and how they differ from CPT)
- Coding for Telehealth Consultations
- Important questions to ask your commercial payers before reporting consultation services for 2010
- How to report consultative services to Medicare payers in both outpatient and inpatient settings
- Reporting shared visits
- Reporting services by time
CEU approved for all CPCs
There are two ways to register for this event:
- Entire office can attend*
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any
other event materials
- Earn up to
CEUs (per attendee)
Corporate Members: $89.96
Already registered? Log in
2013 Coding/Billing Subscription
- Entire office can attend*
- Access 40+ 2013 Webinars
- Access ALL 2012 Webinars (40+ events) on demand
- Includes webinar broadcast (online or downloadable), presentation slides, and Q&A
- Earn up to 2 CEUs per webinar, per attendee (that's 80+ CEUs for 2013 alone)
- Topics cover more than 21 specialties
Corporate Members: $715.50
* Webinar Policy: Webinars are for single-office (one physical office location, e.g.
a conference room) use only and may not be rebroadcast, shared or disseminated. Each webinar subscription or purchase entitles the user to one online connection or one back-up phone line
– use of more than one phone line and phone conferencing is prohibited. AAPC local chapters or other groups of individuals representing multiple companies or separate offices within a single
facility do not constitute a "single-office" and may not share a single event or webinar subscription. All webinar subscriptions expire December 31.
About The Presenter
CPC®, CPC-H®, CPC-P®, CPC-I®, CEMC™, COBGC™
Deborah has been involved in health care for 30 years and speaks nationally across the country in relation to compliance, coding, and reimbursement. She has worked with many physicians nationally on coding, reimbursement, compliance and regulatory issues across many specialties. Deborah has specialized in medical chart audits among many specialties as well as practice management and coding consulting. Deborah is the Past President of the AAPC National Advisory Board. Deborah is certified by AAPC as well as the American Health Information Management Association, and a past CPT Editorial Panel Member representing AAPC.
To contact the webinar department, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 626-2633, option 4.
This event was recommended by 95.63 % of your peers.You rated this event: