Puzzling Fun With Surgical Notes
Not every surgical note contains every piece you need to finish the masterpiece. Find out how to spot the clues and research the facts that lead you to asking the provider the right questions. By mastering these skills, you will be sure your puzzle will contain all the pieces you need for the most complete code picture possible. Once you know what the questions are, it’s important to know how to ask them without causing a scene. Become your own Sherlock Holmes and see how elementary coding with puzzle pieces can be!
You Will Learn:
- How to skillfully and successfully break down an operative report
- How to recognize key words and phrases to maximize coding opportunities
- Resources for researching your clues
- Communicating effectively with your providers
For beginning coders, this webinar will provide you with an overview of the resources that will help you better understand surgical notes. For the advanced coder, the webinar will provide a fresh perspective at your sleuthing techniques to help you stay on top of your game.
CEU approved for all CPCs, CPC-Hs, and CPC-Ps
There are two ways to register for this event:
- Entire office can attend*
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any
other event materials
- Earn up to
CEUs (per attendee)
Corporate Members: $89.96
Already registered? Log in
2013 Coding/Billing Subscription
- Entire office can attend*
- Access 40+ 2013 Webinars
- Access ALL 2012 Webinars (40+ events) on demand
- Includes webinar broadcast (online or downloadable), presentation slides, and Q&A
- Earn up to 2 CEUs per webinar, per attendee (that's 80+ CEUs for 2013 alone)
- Topics cover more than 21 specialties
Corporate Members: $715.50
* Webinar Policy: Webinars are for single-office (one physical office location, e.g.
a conference room) use only and may not be rebroadcast, shared or disseminated. Each webinar subscription or purchase entitles the user to one online connection or one back-up phone line
– use of more than one phone line and phone conferencing is prohibited. AAPC local chapters or other groups of individuals representing multiple companies or separate offices within a single
facility do not constitute a "single-office" and may not share a single event or webinar subscription. All webinar subscriptions expire December 31.
About The Presenter
Melissa Brown, CPC, CPC-I, CFPC
Melissa has 20 years of experience in the health care industry. Her passion for researching complex coding queries and difficult reimbursement issues across diverse specialties makes her a valued resource for students and business partners. Melissa's areas of expertise also include fee analysis, budgeting, and Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS). In addition to coding related topics, Melissa enjoys presenting on teamwork and communication skills. Toastmasters International has awarded her its highest honor, Distinguished Toastmaster. Her communication skills make her a sought-after speaker at seminars and conventions. Melissa served as co-director for the annual “Coding on the River” convention in Jacksonville, Florida for several years and served on the AAPCCA Board of Directors from 2009-2012. She enjoys helping others earn their coding credentials and watching them flourish in their chosen professions.
To contact the webinar department, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 626-2633, option 4.
This event was recommended by 98.50 % of your peers.You rated this event: