The coder will learn how to avoid some of the most prevalent errors when coding radiology procedures, to include unbundling, incorrect use of modifiers, and incorrect units of service. The high volume or coding error-prone procedures will be discussed with explanation of what the procedure entails and what is included. The presentation will concentrate mostly on diagnostic radiology, but also cover key compliance issues in ultrasound, CT, and MRI.The information presented will assist the coder in confidently selecting the appropriate procedure codes for radiology procedures. Inappropriate unbundling will be avoided and add-on procedure codes will be accurately selected. This will lead to a reduction in the number of post-bill corrections and may improve cash flow.
You Will Learn:
- Key concepts of radiology coding – what’s included, what’s not
- Use of modifiers in radiology
- Physician documentation requirements
CEU approved for all CPCs, CPMAs, CPC-Hs, CPC-Ps, CIRCCs and the following specialties: CCC, CCVTC, CCPC, CEDC, CEMC, CFPC, CGSC, CHONC, CIMC, COBGC, COSC, CPEDC, CRHC, CUC
There are two ways to register for this event:
- Entire office can attend*
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any
other event materials
- Earn up to
CEUs (per attendee)
Corporate Members: $89.96
Already registered? Log in
2013 Coding/Billing Subscription
- Entire office can attend*
- Access 40+ 2013 Webinars
- Access ALL 2012 Webinars (40+ events) on demand
- Includes webinar broadcast (online or downloadable), presentation slides, and Q&A
- Earn up to 2 CEUs per webinar, per attendee (that's 80+ CEUs for 2013 alone)
- Topics cover more than 21 specialties
Corporate Members: $715.50
* Webinar Policy: Webinars are for single-office (one physical office location, e.g.
a conference room) use only and may not be rebroadcast, shared or disseminated. Each webinar subscription or purchase entitles the user to one online connection or one back-up phone line
– use of more than one phone line and phone conferencing is prohibited. AAPC local chapters or other groups of individuals representing multiple companies or separate offices within a single
facility do not constitute a "single-office" and may not share a single event or webinar subscription. All webinar subscriptions expire December 31.
About The Presenter
Ruth Broek, MBA, RT(R), CIRCC, CPC-H, CCS, CHC, is the main author of the Diagnostic Radiology Coding Reference, the fourth, and most recent, in the Dr. Z’s Medical Coding Series. She has performed healthcare consulting, to include radiology chargemaster review, for 17 years. She has a Master in Business Administration degree from Western Michigan University, is a registered radiologic technologist, is certified in healthcare compliance, and has three coding certifications, to include the Certified Interventional Radiology and Cardiovascular Coder credential through the AAPC. She is co-author of the other Dr. Z’s coding references and co-authors the eLearning modules offered on the ZHealth Publishing website.
To contact the webinar department, email email@example.com or call (800) 626-2633, option 4.
This event was recommended by 97.65 % of your peers.You rated this event: