Surgical Chart Auditing
We will explore auditing surgical procedures for physician services. Understand CPT and CMS Surgery Guidelines along with Modifiers, assessing the diagnosis code to support medical necessity and evaluating and rating the Surgical Medical Record. Scoring sample documents will be reviewed with a “how to” audit surgical records.
You Will Learn:
Auditing whether done internally or externally takes a different skill set than what we are currently using as coders. Focus must be shifted from the code assignment to taking a global look at the documentation for all relevent information to maintain compliance in our practices. With the focus on OIG, RAC, HEAT and Payer audits you need to learn what goes into a successful audit to help protect your practice for the future.
CEU approved for all CPCs and the following specialties: CPMA, CGSC
There are two ways to register for this event:
- Entire office can attend*
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any
other event materials
- Earn up to
CEUs (per attendee)
Corporate Members: $89.96
Already registered? Log in
2013 Coding/Billing Subscription
- Entire office can attend*
- Access 40+ 2013 Webinars
- Access ALL 2012 Webinars (40+ events) on demand
- Includes webinar broadcast (online or downloadable), presentation slides, and Q&A
- Earn up to 2 CEUs per webinar, per attendee (that's 80+ CEUs for 2013 alone)
- Topics cover more than 21 specialties
Corporate Members: $715.50
* Webinar Policy: Webinars are for single-office (one physical office location, e.g.
a conference room) use only and may not be rebroadcast, shared or disseminated. Each webinar subscription or purchase entitles the user to one online connection or one back-up phone line
– use of more than one phone line and phone conferencing is prohibited. AAPC local chapters or other groups of individuals representing multiple companies or separate offices within a single
facility do not constitute a "single-office" and may not share a single event or webinar subscription. All webinar subscriptions expire December 31.
About The Presenter
Rhonda Buckholtz, CPC, CPMA, CPC-I, CGSC, COBGC, CPEDC, CENTC, is the Vice President of Business and Member Development for the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). A seasoned coder and coding educator, she previously served the AAPC as director of local chapter relations and as a member of the organization’s National Advisory Board. She is a certified coder and PMCC coding instructor, and speaks frequently at coding conferences. She is the owner of Coding and Reimbursement Experts, and teaches coding at the Venango campus of Clarion University. Prior to her employment with the AAPC, Ms. Buckholtz was administrator for Wolf Creek Medical Associates, managing a five location multi-specialty practice and was business manager at an otolaryngology practice.
To contact the webinar department, email email@example.com or call (800) 626-2633, option 4.
This event was recommended by 97.48 % of your peers.You rated this event: