Teaching E/M Coding to Your Physician: Part 2
Accurate documentation is key to good patient care, but it is also linked to reimbursement and subject to the scrutiny of outside reviews by all carriers. In a time of decreased reimbursement, it is more important than ever to capture all of the medically necessary work for your providers.
This second webinar in the three-webinar series will cover learning styles of your physician - visual, auditory, kinesthetic or tactile. We will also discuss the tools you need to succeed along with some "do's" and Don'ts."
You Will Learn:
- Strategies for effective communication with your providers. One cannot expect a provider to change a behavior, if the provider does not understand what is being asked of them and why. It is not productive to talk to a provider in a coding language that they do not understand. Participants will learn how to bridge the language barrier between coding and medicine.
- Participants also need to give providers rationales as to why the change is necessary. Obtaining a working relationship, involving mutual respect goes a long way to developing a strong repoire with providers.
- Review some of the most commonly identified areas of insufficient documentation, e.g. ROS and Family Hx.
- Both bad examples of documentation and good examples of documentation.
CEU approved for all CPCs, CPMAs, CPC-Hs, CPC-Ps and the following specialties: CANPC, CCC, CCVTC, CCPC, CPCD, CEDC, CEMC, CFPC, CGIC, CGSC, CHONC, CIMC, COBGC, COSC, CENTC, CPEDC, CPRC, CRHC, CUC
There are two ways to register for this event:
- Entire office can attend*
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any
other event materials
- Earn up to
CEUs (per attendee)
Corporate Members: $89.96
Already registered? Log in
2013 Coding/Billing Subscription
- Entire office can attend*
- Access 40+ 2013 Webinars
- Access ALL 2012 Webinars (40+ events) on demand
- Includes webinar broadcast (online or downloadable), presentation slides, and Q&A
- Earn up to 2 CEUs per webinar, per attendee (that's 80+ CEUs for 2013 alone)
- Topics cover more than 21 specialties
Corporate Members: $715.50
* Webinar Policy: Webinars are for single-office (one physical office location, e.g.
a conference room) use only and may not be rebroadcast, shared or disseminated. Each webinar subscription or purchase entitles the user to one online connection or one back-up phone line
– use of more than one phone line and phone conferencing is prohibited. AAPC local chapters or other groups of individuals representing multiple companies or separate offices within a single
facility do not constitute a "single-office" and may not share a single event or webinar subscription. All webinar subscriptions expire December 31.
About The Presenter
Kerin Draak, MS, RN, WHNP-BC, CPC, CEMC, COBGC has been involved in the health care field for over 18 years. She has over 11 years of clinical experience in Women’s Health. Her coding career started in 2004 and she has been the coding educator for a 220+ multispecialty clinic since that time involved in the development of the internal chart audit program. She has developed educational tools, guides and policies for the clinic. She is currently the President for her local AAPC chapter as well as a member of the National Advisory Board for the AAPC. She has been presenter for the Wisconsin Medical Society’s at their Annual Symposium since 2007 has conducted several audio and day seminars on their behalf. She was a speaker at the AAPC National conferences in 2008 and 2009.
To contact the webinar department, email email@example.com or call (800) 626-2633, option 4.
This event was recommended by 99.43 % of your peers.You rated this event: