Urgent Care Coding
Urgent care centers provide immediate care for acute, non-life-threatening illness and injury. Most centers treat fractures, provide IV fluids, and have X-ray and lab processing onsite. They are typically staffed with physicians, and may also have physician assistants, nurses, nurse practitioners, medical assistants, and radiology technicians working with patients. During this webinar you will learn how to correctly bill for all of the services provided in the urgent care environment.
You Will Learn:
- The rules for determining patient status (new vs. established)
- How to choose the correct evaluation and management (E&M) code set
- The requirements for documenting and billing CPT® procedures typically performed in the urgent care setting
- The concept of the global surgical period and how it impacts coding
- Which supplies and services can be billed in addition to the level of service
- When modifiers should be added to the claim form
CEU approved for all CPCs, CPC-Hs, CPC-Ps and the following specialties: CEDC, CEMC, CIMC, CPMA, and CPEDC.
There are two ways to register for this event:
- Entire office can attend*
- Access broadcast, downloadable podcast (MP3), presentation slides, Q&A and any
other event materials
- Earn up to
CEUs (per attendee)
Corporate Members: $89.96
Already registered? Log in
2013 Coding/Billing Subscription
- Entire office can attend*
- Access 40+ 2013 Webinars
- Access ALL 2012 Webinars (40+ events) on demand
- Includes webinar broadcast (online or downloadable), presentation slides, and Q&A
- Earn up to 2 CEUs per webinar, per attendee (that's 80+ CEUs for 2013 alone)
- Topics cover more than 21 specialties
Corporate Members: $715.50
* Webinar Policy: Webinars are for single-office (one physical office location, e.g.
a conference room) use only and may not be rebroadcast, shared or disseminated. Each webinar subscription or purchase entitles the user to one online connection or one back-up phone line
– use of more than one phone line and phone conferencing is prohibited. AAPC local chapters or other groups of individuals representing multiple companies or separate offices within a single
facility do not constitute a "single-office" and may not share a single event or webinar subscription. All webinar subscriptions expire December 31.
About The Presenter
Ms. Severn has over 20 years of experience in the health care field, working in coding, billing, and consulting. She completed her MBA at Hood College. Since 1995 she has been the Chief Operating Officer at Medical Account Services. She works with hospital systems and individual practices helping them achieve and maintain best practice coding and billing standards. Her years of involvement with Maryland Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) and AAPC have increased her knowledge of coding, billing, and third party payer regulations.
To contact the webinar department, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 626-2633, option 4.
This event was recommended by 93.33 % of your peers.You rated this event: