AMA Updates CPT® Codes in July Release
The American Medical Association (AMA) recently updated Category I vaccine codes, Category II codes, Category III codes, and Appendix H.
The following new vaccine product codes were published to the AMA CPT® Web site July 1:
- 90670 Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine, 13 valent, for intramuscular use
Note: Code 90670 doesn’t appear in 2009 CPT® codebook but is effective July 1, and will appear in CPT® 2010.
- 90644 Meningococcal conjugate vaccine, serogroups C&Y and Hemophilus influenza b vaccine, tetanus toxoid conjugate (Hib-MenCY-TT), 4-dose schedule, when administered to children 2-15 months of age, for intramuscular use
Note: Code 90644 will not appear in the 2010 CPT® code book, but was implemented July 1 and is effective Jan. 1, 2010.
Many changes to Category II codes are slated to appear in CPT® 2010. Of note, the following new or revised Category II codes released July 1 will be implemented Jan. 1, 2010, and will appear in CPT® 2011:
- 0545F Plan for follow-up care for major depressive disorder, documented (MDD ADOL)
- 1040F DSM-IV criteria for major depressive disorder documented at the initial evaluation (MDD, MDD ADOL)
- 2060F Patient interviewed directly by evaluating clinician on or before date of diagnosis of major depressive disorder (MDD ADOL)
Diagnostic/Screening Processes or Results
- 3008F Body Mass Index (BMI), documented (PV)
- 3015F Cervical cancer screening results documented and reviewed (PV)
- 3085F Suicide risk assessed (MDD, MDD ADOL)
- 3293F ABO and Rh blood typing documented as performed (Pre-Cr)
- 3294F Group B Streptococcus (GBS) screening documented as performed during week 35-37 gestation (Pre-Cr)
Therapeutic, Preventative or Other Interventions
- 4004F Patient screened for tobacco use AND received tobacco cessation counseling, if identified as a tobacco user (PV)
- 4060F Psychotherapy services provided (MDD, MDD ADOL)
- 4062F Patient referral for psychotherapy documented (MDD, MDD ADOL)
- 4063F Antidepressant pharmacotherapy considered and not prescribed (MDD ADOL)
- 4064F Antidepressant pharmacotherapy prescribed (MDD, MDD ADOL)
The complete list of new, revised and deleted Category II codes, updated July 1, is available for download from the AMA CPT® Web site.
Click here for a complete list of new Category III codes slated to appear in CPT® 2010 or 2011.