Medicare Appeals Process Brochure Revised
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has revised for 2011 “The Medicare Appeals Process: Five Levels to Protect Providers, Physicians and other Suppliers” brochure. This brochure provides an overview of the Medicare Part A and Part B administrative appeals process available to providers, physicians, and other suppliers who provide services and supplies to Medicare beneficiaries.
Changes for 2011 include the following:
- When requesting a redetermination, contractors can no longer correct minor errors and omissions on claims through the appeals process.
- The amount in controversy threshold for a third-level appeal administrative law judge hearing is $130.
- The amount in controversy threshold for a fifth-level appeal judicial review in U.S. district court is $1,300.
The revised brochure is now available in downloadable format from the Medicare Learning Network® website.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | Pam Tienter and Jean Pryor - January 16, 2020
- Message From Your Region 3 Representatives | Astara Crews and Dianne Estes - January 16, 2020
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | Robert Kiesecker and Pam Brooks - January 16, 2020