Advance for Respiratory Care and Sleep Medicine: Codes for determining need for home oxygen therapy
Recently, AAPC member Jill Young was featured in Advance for Respiratory Care and Sleep Medicine talking about the following coding question:
Q: Are these the appropriate codes and modifiers to use for a provider who performs tests to determine the need for oxygen as required by Medicare?
1. 94620 x2, TC, 59 stress test at rest and exercise
2. 94690 x2, TC, 59 oxygen testing at rest and exercise
3. 94762 x2, 59, overnight pulse oximetry testing on different dates.
To read the conclusion of the article and the answer to the question, please click here.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | Pam Tienter and Jean Pryor - January 16, 2020
- Message From Your Region 3 Representatives | Astara Crews and Dianne Estes - January 16, 2020
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | Robert Kiesecker and Pam Brooks - January 16, 2020