AAFP Releases New Electronic Prescribing Resource
The American Academy of Family Practice (AAFP) has created a new resource to help family physicians understand how they can earn a 1 percent incentive payment for electronic prescribing (e-Rx) in 2011 and avoid a 1 percent penalty in 2012. The three-page document lists three ways physicians can earn the e-Rx incentive, and four ways physicians can avoid the penalty.
The AAFP clarifies e-Rx requirements as such:
|4 Ways to Avoid the Penalty||3 Ways to Earn the Incentive*|
|Jan. 1 – June 30,2011||Jan. 1 – Dec. 31, 2011|
(Even physicians who earn the e-Rx incentive by using the EHR or registry reporting options will be penalized if they do not submit 10 claims prior to 6/30/11.)
*Earning an incentive in 2011 will also exempt you from a penalty in 2013.
The AAFP document also provides answers to commonly asked questions, such as:
- What is code G8553, and when do I report it?
- What are the denominator codes?
- What is a qualified e-Rx system?
- Does the penalty apply to all physicians and non-physician professionals?
- Does participation in the Medicare EHR incentive program exempt me from the penalty?
Download the eRxtips document from the AAFP website.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 5 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018