2011 AAPC National Conference Recap & New Leadership on NAB and AAPCCA Boards
AAPC (www.aapc.com) recently wrapped its 19th annual National Conference in Long Beach, California. Nearly 2,000 AAPC members attended the three-day conference which featured some of the best and brightest minds in the health care industry speaking about the most pressing topics today. The conference also highlighted the incoming National Advisory Board and AAPCCA changes.
Every two years, a new National Advisory Board (NAB) assumes the leadership for the AAPC membership. Outgoing president Terry Leone passed the gavel to Cynthia Stewart and her board during the conference. Stewart brings 25 years of experience in the medical profession to her role. She has been an AAPC member since 1998. Joining her on the board is president-elect David Dunn. For a full listing of the NAB board visit the AAPC home page.
The AAPC Chapter Association (AAPCCA) is the governing board for AAPC local chapters. The AAPCCA is a non-profit association and named its new board in Long Beach. The board is made of 16 certified AAPC members. Additionally, each region of the country is broken down into leadership roles. You can view all the new board members on the AAPCCA page.
Some of the other 2011 National Conference highlights:
• Anatomy Expo is a popular conference session which allows participants to earn three CEUs for their attendance. Attendees were divided into groups for an inside look at a variety of anatomic and physiologic nuances of the human body.
• Cindy Parman, CPC, CPC-H, presented EMR Documentation Challenges session. With EMR’s being a hot topic for the industry this session increased awareness of the potential documentation challenges and the coding problems as well.
• The Robotic Assist in the OR: Science FACT! was another well-attended and very successful breakout session. Lori-Lynn Webb, CPC, took attendees inside an operating room’s usage of robotic-assisted surgery.
Conference attendees were able to earn up to 18 CEUs for their participation and specialty CEUs, if applicable. The conference featured exhibitors from all areas of health care, for a full list of this year’s exhibitors, visit the conference home page.
The 20-year anniversary conference is scheduled for Las Vegas in April 2012. Check out your AAPC newsletters, Coding Edge magazine, and AAPC home page for details about registration and conference information.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 5 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018