Check Your Mailbox for a CMS Postcard
If you get a postcard from your Medicare contractor, it’s just instructions for next year’s enrollment. This year, instead of a CD, eligible physicians, practitioners, and suppliers will receive a postcard announcing the annual open participation enrollment period, which runs from Nov. 15 to Dec. 31.
The annual open participation enrollment CD contained:
- an announcement document;
- Form CMS-460;
- provider education material about the Medicare program; and
- Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) fees.
This information is now available on contractors’ websites. Offering the MPFS, education materials, and Form CMS-460 online, instead of on CD, ensures enrollees are referencing up-to-date materials, which often require updating throughout the year due to legislative changes or Medicare payment policy decisions.
Contractors are to have the postcard completed by Oct. 31, to ensure recipients receive them on time. The Medicare Claims Processing Manual (pub. 100-04, chapter 1, section 30) will be updated with information regarding the postcard mailing.
NOTE: This Change Request (CR) is not a replacement for the 2012 Participation Enrollment and Medicare Participating Physicians and Suppliers Directory (MEDPARD) Procedures CR. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will still continue to issue the annual participation CR in mid October.
For further details, read CR 7412.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | Pam Tienter and Jean Pryor - January 16, 2020
- Message From Your Region 3 Representatives | Astara Crews and Dianne Estes - January 16, 2020
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | Robert Kiesecker and Pam Brooks - January 16, 2020