Practice Options:Common Coding Myths May Put Profits and Practices at Risk
There are a number of common myths in the health care community that might cause revenue loss and it’s very important to be stay aware of such myths. AAPC member Jennifer Hume, CPC, CPCO, CPMA,CEMC recently discussed these in Diabetes Practice Options May edition.
Hume addressed the following myths in the article:
1. Undercoding is a way to avoid audits.
2. The fact that payment has been received automatically means that coding has been performed correctly for the encounter.
3. Not accepting Medicare patients will protect a practice against audits.
4. A small practice is automatically immune from being the subject of an audit.
For an online sample and registration details of reading the full version, visit the Diabetes Practice Options homepage.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 5 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018