Not Too Late to Test 5010
Early results from the first National 5010 Testing Days, June 15th are in. The second National 5010 Testing Day is August 24th; will you be ready January 1, 2012 when 5010 is the norm?
CMS posted the Top 10 837P Submission Errors from the June test. These include:
- Wrong postal and zip information for the service location
- Failure to provide the correct Payer’s ID Number
- Wrong Provider or Tax ID number
- Incorrect subscription number for the patient
Trailblazer also posted their Top 10 for each state. These include:
- Wrong postal information for the provider
- No approval for the provider to submit claims electronically
- Wrong NPI for the provider
Clearly, it is time to bone up on the new submission standards. Not being able to use Post Office boxes and other important changes will derail reimbursement in January if not addressed now.
Providers’ billing offices can access real-time help desk support and enjoy direct access to their MAC during the August 24 test. Take advantage of the opportunity to iron out bugs, before it is too late.