CMS: Who Can Contact You About What?
Is your office getting calls from various Medicare entities regarding medical records, documentation, and other information? Are you wondering, “What’s going on?” You should; and you’re not alone.
After fielding calls from providers who were confused about the responsibilities of several entities and what they can and should not share, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) set out to define the differences. A special article and table can help you and your colleagues understand the roles and boundaries of the following Medicare entities:
- Claims processing contractors
- Program integrity contractors
- Special medical review contractors
- Appeals contractors and entities
- Quality improvement contractors
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | Pam Tienter and Jean Pryor - January 16, 2020
- Message From Your Region 3 Representatives | Astara Crews and Dianne Estes - January 16, 2020
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | Robert Kiesecker and Pam Brooks - January 16, 2020