MLN Updates Medicare Claim Submission Guidelines
A September 2011 “Medicare Claim Submission Guidelines” fact sheet is now available on the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) website.
This Medicare Learning Network® (MLN) fact sheet offers providers and suppliers up-to-date guidance on how to:
- Apply for a national provider identifier (NPI) and enroll in the Medicare program
- File Medicare claims
- Opt out of Medicare and arrange private contracts with Medicare beneficiaries
Download the fact sheet to refresh your memory or to learn new factoids, such as:
Did you know: Chiropractors may not opt out of Medicare and provide services under private contract? This is because the opt-out law does not include chiropractors in the definition of “physician.” The same holds true for physical and occupational therapists.
- Get the FAQs About Split/Shared Visits - November 1, 2022
- It Pays to Participate in AAPC’s Annual Salary Survey - September 1, 2022
- Top Missed HCC Codes - December 1, 2021