J1 MAC: 84999 Covered
The Oncotype DX® Colon Cancer Assay meets criteria for analytical and clinical validity and clinical utility as a reasonable and necessary Medicare benefit, Palmetto GBA announced after completing a recent assessment.
Effective Sept. 18, 2011 the jurisdiction 1 Part B Medicare administrative contractor (J1-B MAC) says it will reimburse Oncotype DX® Colon Cancer Assay services for patients diagnosed with stage II colon cancer.
The Oncotype DX® Colon Cancer Assay, developed to predict the recurrence risk for patients with stage II colon cancer, is a 12-gene RT-PCR assay performed on paraffin-embedded primary colon tumor tissue.
To report an Oncotype DX® Colon Cancer Assay service provided to a Medicare patient, Palmetto GBA requests providers to submit the following claim information:
- CPT® code 84999 Unlisted chemistry procedure
- Enter ‘Oncotype DX colon’ in the comment/narrative field
- Select the appropriate ICD-9-CM code: 153.0-153.9, 154.0-154.2
Source: Palmetto GBA, “What’s New,” Sept. 29, 2011
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- US gets the ball rolling on ICD-11 - August 16, 2019
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018