New IVR Tool Puts EHR Incentive Status at Fingertips
Available Feb. 16, providers will be able to obtain information regarding their electronic health record (EHR) incentive through a new interactive voice response (IVR) self-service option via the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS’) EHR Information Center.
The self-service tool allows providers to:
- obtain registration status;
- acquire attestation status;
- review payment information; and
- check progress toward meeting the $24,000 threshold amount.
To access the self-service tool, call (888) 734-6433, press 3, and then enter the following required authentication elements:
- The provider’s National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- The last five digits of the provider’s tax ID number (TIN)
- The provider’s EHR registration ID