Advance for Health Information Professionals:Modifiers- Friend or Foe?
“Modifiers fall into two categories,” stated AAPC member Carol Courtney, CPC in the most recent edition of “Coding Corner” for Advance for Health Information Professionals. She continued:
1. Current procedure terminology (CPT): consist of two digits, and both are numeric. CPT modifiers affect reimbursement.
2. Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS): consist of two digits, but they can be either two alphas or an alpha and a numeric digit. HCPCS modifiers generally are informational.
The article gives a solid rundown of some troublesome and often confusing modifiers.
Read the full article here.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- US gets the ball rolling on ICD-11 - August 16, 2019
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | October 2018 - October 24, 2018