AAPC Introduces Online Exam Review for Medical Auditors
-CPMA Credential Review Allows Students to Test Auditing Readiness Prior to Exam-
SALT LAKE CITY—February 15, 2012— AAPC (www.aapc.com), the nation’s largest training and credentialing association for the business side of medicine, announced the CPMA® (Certified Professional Medical Auditor) Online Exam Review for experienced auditors. The online exam review is approved for six continuing education credits (CEUs) and covers:
- Medical record standards and documentation guidelines
- Coding and documentation compliance
- Coding and reimbursement concepts
- Audit scope and statistical sampling methods
- Medical record audit abstraction
- Category risk analysis and communication
“This CPMA online exam review allows seasoned auditors a chance to prepare for the CPMA® exam to truly enhance his or her career,” stated Katherine Abel, CPC, CPMA, CPC-I, CMRS, director of curriculum for AAPC. “Medical auditing is becoming a much-demanded career in health care. With revenue cycle management always at the top of people’s minds, this exam preparation is critical to the auditors in the industry looking to increase both knowledge and earning potential.”
The CPMA® Online Exam Review is available Feb 15, 2012 for $295 for AAPC members and $395 for non-members and includes a 50-plus page PDF book, three webinars, and 35-question practice exercises with rationales.
For medical auditors without the necessary experience to enroll in the CPMA® Online Exam Review, AAPC offers a CPMA preparation class. These two-day classes analyze medical chart documentation and help prepare you for the certification exam. After completing the class and passing the exam, you will receive the Certified Professional Medical Auditor(CPMA®) credential along with the National Alliance of Medical Auditing Specialists® (NAMAS) certificate.
Latest posts by admin aapc (see all)
- Message From Your Region 6 Representatives | Pam Tienter and Jean Pryor - January 16, 2020
- Message From Your Region 3 Representatives | Astara Crews and Dianne Estes - January 16, 2020
- Message From Your Region 7 Representatives | Robert Kiesecker and Pam Brooks - January 16, 2020